Sunday, March 27, 2011

Work, Earn and Have Fun

Have you been employed before and are you still working? How many companies have you joined so far? And what is the longest period you worked in one company? I've worked with more than five companies and the longest period I spent in a company is 7 years. The shortest was 6 months. Looking back, I was wondering what went wrong with every company that I left or resigned. I'm just proud to say none of these companies really fired me. The most common reason why I left each and every company I joined was boredom. I got bored with my first job as a Human Resource Officer, having to screen and interview applicants almost everyday of my existence with that company. From being HR Officer I jumped to being a cashier and I enjoyed this job more than the HR one. I did this job for 7 years but then again boredom struck and I just found myself as an OFW in Dubai, UAE. My jobs in UAE are mostly in sales and marketing and thankfully these jobs really boost my self-confidence. But at the end of the day it was boredom again that I need to fight back. When boredom strikes nothing can stop me from moving out.
I guess the bottom line for all the moving in and moving out from one company to another is the love for your work. If you love and enjoy what you are doing you will stick to it. People have various reasons why they work and obviously the most common reason is to earn for a living especially overseas workers. Perhaps on my later blogs I can share some of my escapades as an overseas worker. My ups and downs in the land of the Arabs especially the physical torture I went through. Thank God I'm finally out of that dilemma and enjoying life in my own beloved country.
Here's an aerial view to compare what you can see when you are on top of a Dubai mountain and on top of a Philippine mountain.
Dubai is a desert city. Summer heat goes up till 45 degrees celcius and winter comes down to 10 degrees but summer is longer than winter. Winter lasts for only three months and the rest of the months are covered with sandstorms and summer heat. What I loved about Dubai was their shopping centers with very affordable prices especially during Dubai Shopping Festival(DSF). DSF is a month-long shopping activity usually held on January.
Some of my stuff were bought during Dubai Shopping Festival like pashminas, scarf ,a pair of jeans and a pink cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment